Toni's Shepherds Pie.
You can cook Toni's Shepherds Pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toni's Shepherds Pie
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground veal.
- It’s 4 of russet potatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- It’s 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- It’s 2 tsp of evoo.
Toni's Shepherds Pie instructions
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.